Error code 8024001b (solved)
This happened to me, when I change my WSUS source from the default Microsoft website to Internal WSUS server (see the previous post about configuring WSUS here). To solve, do these steps (credit goes to Bsod from Microsoft Answer Forum):
- Open the Command Prompt.
· Click Start, click All Programs, and click Accessories.
· Right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as administrator.
· Click Continue if prompted to do so.
- Rename the cache folder.
· Type the following, and press Enter after each line:
net stop wuauserv
ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.OLD
net start wuauserv
- Check for Windows Update.
· Click Start, click All Programs, and select Windows Update.
· Click on Check for updates.
· Once the search is complete click on View available updates.
· Locate the update for the Windows Update Agent, and install only that update.
· If it installs successfully proceed with installing the other updates as usual.