Step-by-Step Guide to Finding the Owner of a Microsoft Form Using Inspect, Refresh, and Azure AD
Microsoft Forms is a powerful citizen tool for creating surveys, quizzes, and questionnaires. While it offers great functionality for collecting responses, finding the owner of a specific form might not be immediately obvious. In this blog post, we'll walk you through the process, step by step.
Step 1: Inspect the Elements
- Open the Microsoft Form for which you want to find the owner.
- Right-click on the page and select "Inspect" (or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+I).
- The browser's developer tools will open, showing the HTML and CSS code for the page.
Step 2: Refresh the Form Page
With the developer tools still open, press the "Refresh" button in your browser or use the keyboard shortcut F5. This step ensures that you have the latest version of the page loaded, which will be necessary for finding the owner's information.
Step 3: Access the Response Page
- Look for a network request with a URL: "responsepagestartup.ashx" in the developer tools' network tab.
- In the request details, navigate to the "Headers" tab and look for the "Response" section.
- Click Pretty Print to make the JSON looks nicer
- You'll see a JSON response containing various details about the form as per the screenshot on step 3.
- Look for the "ownerId" field within the JSON structure.
- Copy the value of the "ownerId" field. This value represents the unique identifier of the form's owner.
Step 5: Match the OwnerID with Azure AD
- Access the Azure AD portal (https://portal.azure.com) and sign in using your Microsoft account associated with the form.
- Once logged in, navigate to the "Users" section within the Azure AD portal.
- Look for the search bar and paste the copied "ownerId" value into it.
- Press Enter or click on the search button.
- If a matching user is found, their details will be displayed, including their name and contact information.
By following these step-by-step instructions, you can effectively find the owner of a Microsoft Form. Utilising the browser's developer tools to inspect elements, refreshing the page to ensure the latest data, accessing the response page, and cross-referencing the "ownerId" value with Azure AD will enable you to identify the form owner with ease. Remember, this process requires appropriate access rights to the Azure AD portal.