How to get size of each table using SQL Management Studio
Sometimes your DB storage bloated so much, without knowing what caused it. Fortunately, there is an easy way to check using SQL Management Studio (SMSS). In this scenario, I am using SQL Management Studio 18.
- Open SQL Management Studio and connect to your DB
- Click View -> Object Explorer (F7) -> Databases
- From the list of databases, navigate to the DB you want to investigate
- Right-click on the header of the table list, choose Data Space Used (KB)
- Click on the Data Space header to sort based on the biggest to lowest data usage. Not surprising, usually the culprit is the log that does not have an auto-delete function.