Error code 8024001b (solved)

This happened to me, when I change my WSUS source from the default Microsoft website to Internal WSUS server (see the previous post about configuring WSUS here). To solve, do these steps (credit goes to Bsod from Microsoft Answer Forum):
  1. Open the Command Prompt.
    · Click Start, click All Programs, and click Accessories.
    · Right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as administrator.
    · Click Continue if prompted to do so.
  2. Rename the cache folder.
    · Type the following, and press Enter after each line:
    net stop wuauserv
    ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.OLD
    net start wuauserv
    exit
  3. Check for Windows Update.
    · Click Start, click All Programs, and select Windows Update.
    · Click on Check for updates.
    · Once the search is complete click on View available updates.
    · Locate the update for the Windows Update Agent, and install only that update.
    · If it installs successfully proceed with installing the other updates as usual.

Comments

Anonymous said…
boss you are soooooo nice
this is really help full for me
thanksssssssssssssssss
Martin Kingsley said…
Worked perfectly. This should be at result number one on Google for searches related to this problem.
Friend. I dont understand how i should write the command. (in the symbol system)
VinothShri said…
Great dude..:-) after a long time i ended up searching here for windows update problem.. :-) and its working...!! thanks a lot..:-)
ctnha683 said…
It's work, Thanks!!!
David Joy said…
Worked a treat, thanks!
Anonymous said…
I have been KILLING myself over this nonsense, and your solution is the ONLY thing that works! Thank you so much, you are god.
Manuel Giannini said…
I get a message a message that says access denied.. [(
Vivian said…
Run CMD as Administrator.
Anonymous said…
It works brother !
Thanks
ABF said…
Sorry, didn't work for me. I've tried a lot of the many solutions that are being posted, and they always seem to work only for some. It's also being posted that solutions are not working because the real problem is that Windows Update servers are just running very slow because Windows 10 upgrades are hogging bandwidth. I'm beginning to think that may be true.
ABF said…
Here is what has (finally) worked for me:
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/repair-fix-windows-updates-with-fix-wu-utility
Morris Sterling said…
Fasting is very old and has a host of solutions in this regard. And here's one new website which will help to solve the problem with a lot of dll files. Here is a link to it http://fix4dll.com/msvcr71_dll . It's simple.
Anonymous said…
crackhead answer . doesn't work
Anonymous said…
This Works!!!!! Thanks
Anonymous said…
REALLY WORKS!! THANKS!!

Popular posts from this blog

Enable PHP opcache extension on Windows XAMPP

Hiren can not load the CD ROM Driver